Join our efforts to harness energy efficiency to accelerate energy access globally
E4A YEAR OF ACTION 2016
E4A was launched in December, 2015 at COP21 in Paris, kicking off a Year of Action in 2016 that will culminate in COP22 in Morocco. During the Year of Action, E4A will mobilize commitments and support towards the overarching goal of deploying super-efficient end-use technologies to enable universal access to enhanced energy services – beyond lighting – by 2030.
A Framework for Action document lays out E4A’s vision and outlines key priorities to advance the Coalition’s core objectives. The framework provides a starting point, laying the groundwork for a detailed E4A Year of Action Implementation Roadmap that will be developed by core Global LEAP partners in consultation with relevant stakeholders at a workshop convened in early 2016.
Partners from government, multilateral organizations, the private sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), research institutions, universities, philanthropic organizations, and others are welcome to join the Coalition. Partners will work together to advance E4A’s overarching goals and mission.
Prospective commitments could include the following:
- Support Global LEAP Principles to promote self-sustaining markets for affordable, high-quality, and efficient energy access products and services
- Raise global awareness of the role of demand-side energy efficiency in advancing energy access goals
- Integrate end-use efficiency concepts into current and future energy access programs to maximize impact
- Fund research to strengthen the evidence base and increase understanding of the opportunities, challenges and solutions in the sector
- Fund a full-time Coalition Secretariat to coordinate global efforts
- Advance the use of innovative finance mechanisms to support companies that produce, distribute, and market high-performing off-grid end-use products, as well as support consumer financing schemes to increase affordability
- Support the development, adoption and implementation of enabling policy frameworks
- Commit to design, manufacture, or market high-performing, high-quality, and affordable end-use products for the off-grid market